Tuesday, July 17, 2012

hey there birchbox!

monday evening, i came home to a lovely, hot pink surprise.
my july birchbox has arrived!
the theme: 5 senses


for those of you unfamiliar with birchbox,
it's a monthly sample subscription service.
you can sign up on their website here.
it's a great way to try out new products


my lovely new samples
 at first, i was really excited when i saw i got liquid eye liner....and then i saw that it was olive green.  i'm not sure how that will work for me, but maybe i'll try it out on a stay-at-home-saturday.

[4: earbug headphones!]
:) these are neon and fabulous!
it's as if birchbox new i just accidently stepped on mine and needed a new pair. fate in action folks.
[5: miss charming perfume by juliette has a gun]
this smells sooooo yummy. i am definitely adding it to my christmas list.
i'm pretty hesitant when it comes to skincare samples. you can't really tell how it will really effect you from 2-3 days, but i guess it's better than nothing!
[7: uber bar by larabar: roasted nut roll]
they also have a cherry cobbler flavor which i'm anxious to try, although i'm sure it will not be as yummy as the real thing. darn healthy foods.

i'll be the first to admit,
i'm not fantastic at using fabulous products or makeup.
but i'm hoping that birchbox will help me learn to appreciate the finer things in life! :)

did you receive a july birchbox?
any products you can recommend?

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh how I wish I got birchbox! Those headphones are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! they are sooo peppy...i feel like i will feel more energized just by wearing them! :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOOOVE Birchbox! It looked like your box was great - I got the staniac in my June box and I really liked it. As for the Eyeko eyeliner, I was a skeptic too (I don't even wear eyeliner...like, EVER!) but the color was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. I'll definitely use it for special occasions.

    Was this your first box ever?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! i was on the waiting list for FOREVER! and i finally got in. i'm excited to try it...i just have to be brave!

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued, I'll have to look into this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO the olive green could be very interestingly pretty...did that make sense? I think it sounded better in my head!

    The lip/cheek stain is really, really nice! It is subtle enough to not turn your lips SUPER red. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to birchbox but so far I love it! I think it's awesome. I loved the staniac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at first i thought the staniac was going to make me look like i ate a cherry snowcone, but i was plesantly surprised! i'm excited to see what's in next month's box!

      Delete
  6. I keep hearing about birchbox, but this is the first time I've really read about it. Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete